✨‘PAY WHAT YOU CAN’ TICKETS AVAILABLE at general release✨
***Scroll down for accessibility info and space description!***
Dykes, lesbians, bi babes, queer, trans and non-binary friends…time to get your karaoke on! 🔥
Two historic concert tours, two ICONIC discographies, two multi-genre musical geniuses…it's Taylor Swift and Beyoncé night!! 💯
For Beyoncé stans, Taylor stans and everyone in between 🎵
As usual, you can sing whatever you want, but if you've been sitting on any Taylor or Beyoncé tracks - now is your moment!! Join us for an Irreplaceable, Fearless time ✌🏽
Ticketholders will also get an exclusive discount code for Lavender Gayze - the queer Taylor Swift night by Glass Closet events!
DOORS - 9:00 pm
KARAOKE - 9:30 pm-12:30 am
DJ set celebrating Beyoncé, Taylor and beyond! - 12:30 am-2 am
** This event is for dykes, lesbians, and sapphic queers of ALL genders and sexualities - we don't tolerate transphobia, biphobia, racism, or any kind of gross behaviour! Allies are welcome and are expected to respect our safety policies. More details here: Safety and Queer Space Policies at Dykes on Mics **
ACCESSIBILITY INFO AND SPACE DESCRIPTION:
- The street to the entrance lobby of the venue is step-free. There are 5 steps down to the Main Bar space. We have an incline stair lift with a capacity of 300kg to the right of these steps
- Step free access to the event space and accessible toilets once inside the venue. Please speak to a Dykes on Mics organiser or a member of the venue staff when you arrive at the event if you need access to the accessible toilet
- There is a lowered-access service point in the event room bar
- Accessibility companions and/or personal assistants can come for free with no need to book a ticket in advance.
- The space will have low lighting, we will use coloured lighting but no flashing lights or strobes. Please let us know if you have any needs for the lighting and we will do our best to accommodate.
- There will be at least 6 seats with a view of the stage that are set aside for anyone to sit on if they need to. If you would like to reserve a seat in advance, please contact us using the contacts below.
- There will be a “quieter space” set up away from the stage for anyone who needs to take a break from the main action.
CONTACTS FOR ACCESSIBILITY
If you have questions about access or want to request any accessibility provisions, here is how you can contact us:
We will respond to all messages about accessibility, but we ask guests to try to contact us at least 1 day ahead of the event, to help us sort you out!
Every month, Dykes on Mics donates 5% of total ticket sales to a randomly selected fundraiser for gender-affirming surgery. There are no requirements to enter the donation lottery, just fill out the very short form HERE! Gender Affirming Surgery Fundraiser Lottery ➙
We recognise that members of our community have a range of access needs and we commit to keep working on making our events more accessible.For information on accessibility at Dykes on Mics and at the venue of our next event, please check the event description
To tell us more about your access needs, please email [email protected] or fill out this form: Venue Accessibility Enquiry form ➙
- Ask people's names and pronouns, please don't assume anyone's gender
- No racism, misogyny, transphobia, fatphobia, ableism, slut-shaming, ageism or any other form of discrimination will be tolerated
- Ask for CONSENT before touching others
- We will be taking photos during the event to use on our social media. Being in the photos is optional – at the door, there will be stickers you can wear to let people know that you don't want to be photographed
- If someone makes you uncomfortable, touches you without your consent, or is violating the safety policies, please let the host or door person know and we will speak to that person
- If we speak to you about upholding the safety policies, please apologise, change your behaviour and move on - we all make mistakes!
- If we decide that your violation of the safety policies is serious or you have violated the safety policies multiple times, you will be asked to leave
- This event was created to celebrate dyke, lesbian, sapphic and/or queer culture. It is meant for anyone of ANY gender who identifies with these communities, or who wants to explore and learn more about them
- We are a trans-positive space. We will not assume your gender and we won’t deny you access based on assumptions of your gender. We won’t tolerate other guests doing this either
- Dykes on Mics is not a gender-specific event, however it prioritises people with marginalised gender experiences. We trust the community to respect this and to keep in mind that it is not the best night to bring a big group of cis male friends to.
- If you are a cis man and you want to come to Dykes on Mics, we strongly encourage you to bring your lesbian, sapphic, trans and/or non-binary friends with you. Help us spread the word!
- We will not assume your sexuality or deny you access based on sexuality, and we won’t tolerate other guests doing this either. This means that we are inclusive of bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc. identities, and people who might be questioning or exploring
- Other friends and allies are welcome, and are expected to follow our safety policies to maintain the safe space
View all photos on Google Drive ➙