Every month, Dykes on Mics donates 5% of total ticket sales to a randomly selected fundraiser for gender-affirming surgery. There are no requirements to enter the donation lottery, just fill out the very short form HERE! Gender Affirming Surgery Fundraiser Lottery ➙
We recognise that members of our community have a range of access needs and we commit to keep working on making our events more accessible.For information on accessibility at Dykes on Mics and at the venue of our next event, please check the event description
- Ask people's names and pronouns, please don't assume anyone's gender
- No racism, misogyny, transphobia, fatphobia, ableism, slut-shaming, ageism or any other form of discrimination will be tolerated
- Ask for CONSENT before touching others
- We will be taking photos during the event to use on our social media. Being in the photos is optional – at the door, there will be stickers you can wear to let people know that you don't want to be photographed
- If someone makes you uncomfortable, touches you without your consent, or is violating the safety policies, please let the host or door person know and we will speak to that person
- If we speak to you about upholding the safety policies, please apologise, change your behaviour and move on - we all make mistakes!
- If we decide that your violation of the safety policies is serious or you have violated the safety policies multiple times, you will be asked to leave
- This event was created to celebrate dyke, lesbian, sapphic and/or queer culture. It is meant for anyone of ANY gender who identifies with these communities, or who wants to explore and learn more about them
- We are a trans-positive space. We will not assume your gender and we won’t deny you access based on assumptions of your gender. We won’t tolerate other guests doing this either
- Dykes on Mics is not a gender-specific event, however it prioritises people with marginalised gender experiences. We trust the community to respect this and to keep in mind that it is not the best night to bring a big group of cis male friends to.
- If you are a cis man and you want to come to Dykes on Mics, we strongly encourage you to bring your lesbian, sapphic, trans and/or non-binary friends with you. Help us spread the word!
- We will not assume your sexuality or deny you access based on sexuality, and we won’t tolerate other guests doing this either. This means that we are inclusive of bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc. identities, and people who might be questioning or exploring
- Other friends and allies are welcome, and are expected to follow our safety policies to maintain the safe space
View all photos on Google Drive ➙